Horse Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse country.........Country life that revolves around....HORSES.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Sad Story..........................

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Starrysky

Starrysky

A Sad Story.......................... Empty
PostSubject: A Sad Story..........................   A Sad Story.......................... Icon_minitime2009-04-25, 8:09 pm

In case you were wondering........................

Senior(the picture on my avatar) was probably the best horse you could ever want. My riding instructor saved him from going to slaughter when he was given the reputation "Untrainable" She trained him from a scared biting horse to trusting and caring. He was always first to "say hello" when we walked in the barn. I accidently slipped and fell in the field once. I slid right under him and he stayed perfectly still. When i got out from under him he waited for me to stand up then came over and "Hugged me" After that we were so close. He died May 2006. I will never forget what a wonderful horse he was.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://horseworld4us.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Rodeo_Cowgirl

Rodeo_Cowgirl

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Story..........................   A Sad Story.......................... Icon_minitime2009-04-25, 10:44 pm

Tanks for telling me that! that reminded me of booker!!!booker was saved from being slaughtered too and he was a retired race horse. he got retired because he threw out his fetlock and his ankle just hung there but he was healed a few months after and me and my best friend lisa both rode him and he was the best horse .he became the leader of lisa's now 11 horse herd,but there was a bad storm the night she moved to Colorado and a tin roof came off of somewhere and flew and nearly cut off his foot and he had to be put down. he was so sweet he would let me do anything with him (except use a whip) and I could run him as fast a thoroughbred could go, I could jump him, and cut corners like a barrel horse went around the barrel and well he was just the best. and not to be mean but YOU ARE SO MEAN!!!!! for making me remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Very Happy Very Happy Mad Very Happy Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
http://wolfworld.hot4um.com/forum.htm
Starrysky

Starrysky

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Story..........................   A Sad Story.......................... Icon_minitime2009-04-28, 3:23 pm

sorry Sad Sad that's sad
Back to top Go down
http://horseworld4us.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Story..........................   A Sad Story.......................... Icon_minitime2009-04-29, 12:44 am

ya all want sad ok lets go.

when i was 3 i started riding a little old black shetty mare, Bobet that i had been given for free. i had her only a few months before winter came. she couldnt rise to get into the stable and was put donwn. When i was 10 i got a old pony his breed only know as stock pony (so bit of a mixer lol) he was fully blind in one eye ( some idiot tied CATTLE FLY TAGS TO HIS HALTER NEAR HIS EYE) his name was Milky He was a grey and he was old. i went to see him one morning with my mum and before i even got on him it was love at first sight $350 later he was mine. he came home within the week and i would pester mum until she bridled him up and got me on him. you see a family of 4 kids and two parents on a single parent wage couldnt afford much back then and so i went without a saddle for a couple of months i remember mum would bridle him every afternoond and lead him to the bus stop so i could ride him back up the driveway (in my school clothes! lol) one day he showed up with a saddle on him and i was estatic, low and behold the "saddle blankt" was only a towel but hey beggers werent choosers.
Then after a few years my sister (younger) decided she loved horses too and when she turned 10 she wanted this thing called a pugwuv or somethingany way mum made me stay home that day and i rember staying in bed in the shared bedroom saying
"Im not going to school i feel sick" to her and she was mad. so we went out and saw this cute pony who was low and behold named Pony.
Pony was 10 and his breed was "shetland" but he was much larger then the sizes and width in the barrel. he was a good pony and he took kids riding at her 10th birthday (he came home a week or so before her bday) and on her bady party she and her half brother were doubling and the little pony threw them BOTH. she never wanted to get back on him but she was fine with milky. mum forced her back on and she threw a tantrum so Pony got paddocked and fat. i eventually started to work him again and was able to ride him. i remember then short legs would fly and my heavier weight on the smaller horse to my sisters lighter weight on the bigger horse would race and of course my and the pony would win.
Tobias wa the next horse i got. Milky was getting on and i was retiring him and so i needed a bigger younger horse my dad gave him to me for my 17th birthday, he arrived one week off my birthday my brother told me and dad that his mate matt was bringing out a race horse for spelling, but when the horse walked off the float i said "That aint a racer" and they all laughed at me and i was handed the lead with a happy birthday.
he was a Thoroughbred X standardbred gelding round 16 hands and i got on him the second day and he bowed with me on him, i shook my head and nudged his sides and he all but lay down. he stood up i got off and checked the gear, nothing was pinching or too tight so i got back on and he was great. Apparently he was unbroken but he never had a problem with being ridden lol
NOW THE SAD BEGINS.
a few months after tobias joined the herd of milky and pony milky was found laying in the paddock and struggling to rise. i spent the next 5 hours at his side while my brother and his mate pulled grass im talking one on the big round hay bale sized piles and the little horse ate the lot along with a loaf of bread a bag of carrots and a heap of apples. the vet came out and said his heart was failing.. we had tried to get him up on his feet with my dad a strong ex army now firefighter and my brother one one side and my older brother and his mate both over 100kgs my bro a security guard and his mate a big guy and we couldnt hold th ehorse on his feet he just didnt have it in him to hold his weight. so diagnoised with heart trouble and a more humane death the vet decided it would be best to put him down. I was dragged away in tears. my horse was 38 when he was put to rest.
i had several more months with tobias, we attended a horse show (my one and only) and came home with 9 ribbons. he was a scrawny pathetic looking horse with bald spots from the rain scald he had and he still managed to out raced the thousands of dollars of horsefesh. he could jump a 6 foot gap of poles on the ground and a 2 foot jump in the middle with out touching anything. he would go all day and not complain and at 5 yrs old and ecactly one year to the day (so a week before my 18th) he was put down as wel with serious back and nerve problems, he walked funny after a while and was nearly kicking his stomache and after 5 vet visits the time had come for him to be put down.
Taj arrives on the scene a week or so before tobias's passing he was an escapee and turned up in my uncles daughters horse paddock and they found he was for sale because of his hyponess he refused to float and i eventually got a horse whisperer to move him home after tobias died. Pony still wandering the paddocks alone must have though little old milky had come back to life from the likelyness between the two horses both grey and milky fatter and taj sliimmer. they bonded well and in october 2007 i returned home from a few nights away to find him missing his small body went from 350 kgs to the point i could lift his rump off the ground he was riddled with arthrist and it took me several hours to find him. were i began my serch not 10 meters from the actual start point and several hours later with no luck i gave taj (who i was riding) his head and said
"show me" and the hrose gallopped up the hil and stopped meters from where i got on him i slid to the ground My Little Pony (his full name) now lie in a ditch deceased. i think he slipped and broke his frail neck my dad said probally a snake bite (brown snakes are deadly to animals and people and we have lots here)
(SO RECAPPING: Milky died 17/7/05
Tobias died 1/3/06
Pony died 1/10/07)

Tajs is 25 and going strong and i was GIVEN a colt (under two) free whos coming along great.

in amongst the death you have jsut read of my mother passed away from cancer 19/2/04 and these great animals whos love of them came from my mother helped me through the time of her death

I will never forget any of them may they have a sfae journey over the rainbow bridge until my time has come they will be restored to youth and health and await me for the journey to heaven
Back to top Go down
http://horsecountry2009.rpgdynasty.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sad Story..........................   A Sad Story.......................... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Sad Story..........................
Page 1 of 1